Getting Started on eBay :: 2/31


Good morning!  Welcome to Day 2!  I'm glad you stopped by.  :)

If you already have an eBay seller ID, the only other things you need to get started selling on eBay are:

1.  something to sell
2. a computer & camera, smart phone or tablet
3. the eBay app (for use with your smart phone or tablet...links to the app for android, iPhone, amazon store)
4. a paypal account (sign up HERE)
5.  a box or envelope to ship your item in and
6. about an hour of your time

Now, I say an hour but it might not take that long.  But it might...maybe even longer!  And that is okay.  Like anything, the more you do it, the better and faster you get.  Right now, if I am focused (aka no kids around) I can knock out a listing in less than 10 minutes and that even includes a little time for research.  (That doesn't usually include time to take my photos...I normally do that in a big bunch before I begin listing...just a personal preference...more about that later!)

You might be wondering what to sell??  Honestly, for your first time, just sell something you already have at home.  I love to sell clothes so I would say go through your closet, or your kids' closet, and grab something that you KNOW you're never going to wear.  Come on...you know you're not going to.  :)  (we all have that stuff!)  Name brands sell the best but if something is like new and pretty recent style-wise, even if it's from Target, it will probably sell.  

You want to make sure that the item, whatever it is, is in really nice shape.  Nobody wants to buy junk!  Sometimes I will sell something that does look a bit worn but I only bother if it is a really high quality item or brand and then I explain the heck out of it...listing every flaw.  You never want somebody to be disappointed when their purchase arrives. 

Which leads me to another point...my tip of the day...selling items in really good shape is quicker...you don't have to spend as much time on the description and you are less likely to spend any time after the sale dealing with an unhappy customer!  (your time is valuable!)

Okay, so now you have your item.  Yay!  If you are using the app on your tablet or phone, just open it up and click SELL.  You can visit THIS eBay page for a complete how to after that.  If you are using a camera and computer, take your pictures, get them onto your computer, and then click HERE for complete instructions on your first listing.

Those eBay pages are both so helpful and go through a lot of the stuff I have on my list of things to share with you.  I will still highlight a lot of it as the month goes on.

I will stop here for today.  My posts might be a little disjointed while I figure out my "flow" here but I hope you'll stick with me while I do.  :)  There is a ton of information that I think makes selling easier but at the same time you can really start with nothing but the basic knowledge!

Please let me know in the comments if you have any questions...
I would love to address them there or in a future post!

THIS is my landing post...you can click there to see a list of every post this month!


Comments

Popular Posts