Saturday, October 04, 2014

Clothing Brands to Sell on eBay :: 4/31


I definitely suggest starting out on eBay by selling what you have.  There is virtually no risk and you don't have to leave your house.  What could be better?

Um, unless you're like me and you know a trip to the THRIFT STORE would be better by far.  ;)

Today I thought I'd give you a list of brands that usually sell well for me.  I didn't write these down in advance so I am sure I will miss some...I will update this as the month goes on.

My tip of the day is that larger sizes tend to sell faster & for a bit more money. 

I don't even mean "Plus Size" all the time (though the plus sizes do normally do really well)...even a L or an XL will normally sell better than a Small or, heaven forbid, an XS.  And don't even get me started on Petites!  I don't know what it is but that stuff moves slowly.  Those women must have a lot to choose from at the mall.  :)  Seriously, though.  It's harder to find nice clothing the bigger you are so I think those women (and I include myself in this demographic) might be on the prowl a bit more (and in larger numbers) than the smaller sized women.  

Just a theory.

The List:

Banana Republic
Anthropologie Brands (My best advice is to go nose around a store and jot down some of the brand names.  This website has a nice list of them but remember they change and add new ones all the time.  After a while, you will start to notice labels that just look like they are from Anthro and usually they are.)
Coldwater Creek
Chico's  (even older Chico's, especially size 3)
Eileen Fisher
J. Crew
Free People
Victoria's Secret
Speedo
Athleta
REI
The North Face
Mountain Hardware
Lululemon
Tommy Bahama
Nike
Ralph Lauren (watch for those big ugly teddy bear items from a few years back!)
Venezia
Lane Bryant
J. Jill 
Lucky Brand
Patagonia
Jones New York
LL Bean
Eddie Bauer
H&M (this surprises me because their close are pretty cheap but they are popular and not super widespread)
Maurices (!! really??  but yes, mainly the plus sizes, though.)
Columbia (especially shorts for some reason)

Okay, I apologize for not alphabetizing that.  I have to get Nick up for soccer.  :)

I am not saying that anything you buy with these labels will automatically sell!  BUT, they have a pretty good chance of selling if they are fairly recent and in really nice shape.  Oh, and if the price is right.  We will talk more about this later.

Have a great Saturday!!


THIS is my landing post...you can click here to see a list of every post this month! 

See all the Nester's 31 Days participants HERE

6 comments:

  1. You are so awesome! I love these eBay posts. Inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sarah. Happy to hear that!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is some great advice and information, I like how you note nothing garuntees a sell. I totally agree that the larger the size, the better it sells. Can I link this article to one of mine as a recommended read? Specifically this article: http://www.lifesbaggage.com/2015/07/top-10-brands-to-sell-on-ebay/. Please email me or reply to let me know.

    Thank you,
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Megan, thanks for letting me know you enjoyed the post. Yes, you can link to it, i'd love that. :) going to check yours out now. Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Megan, thanks for letting me know you enjoyed the post. Yes, you can link to it, i'd love that. :) going to check yours out now. Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dressing inside all likely program and also stay the particular fashion offers turned directly into a great must pertaining to everybody, no matter if you are likely to be able to firm in addition in a good night coffee dining room table party as well as a time in just about all your own better half,every consumer desires for you to Produce a brilliant impact and just for this fashion participate in the extremely essential perform to supply a person appear in addition to feel.

    Salwar suit

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...