Tuesday, December 08, 2015

James is 12 now

Good morning! I don't know about you but my alarm went off way too early this morning.  Instead of working, though, I wanted to write a little here first.

James turned 12 yesterday!  TWELVE.  Oh man.  Can't believe it.  He had his two best friends over last Friday for a sleepover and a visit to Rockin Jump.  They all had a lot of fun and were exhausted when we left. 

The rock wall was the surprise hit of the night.  They spent a lot of time climbing.

Nick surprised us all by making it to the top, no problem.  He said he was only scared the first time and that he farted while he was climbing.  HAHAHA.  I tried it, too, and it was hard!
Patrick has the security on our WIFI locked up so tight, I can't even login to Flickr to get some tiny James photos.  Here is one from 8 years ago in the leather apron his grandpa made him:

After I made them the breakfast he requested (pumpkin pancakes & sausage) he came up and gave me the biggest hug and said it was perfect.  Oh, my heart.  xoxooxoxoxoxoxox, James.

Yesterday morning he woke up early to open his presents and then sat in front of the tree and started on his new Minecraft Lego set.  This year for Christmas he is asking for Legos, Nerf Guns and books.  (well, and a laptop and a headset with microphone but those aren't happening.)  :)  It feels like the end of Legos may be near but who knows?  He just discovered the Minecraft ones and really likes them.  Anyways, it was all very sweet.


I got our house mostly decorated last week, it took forever, and we still haven't done the ornaments on the tree.  I think we will after school today.  Patrick told me he likes it all, it looks cozy, but he thinks he likes our Halloween decorations a bit better...just all the little stuff I set around.  That made me happy. I know the kids appreciate it but it makes me feel good that he does, too.

Yesterday I went into Nick's room to help with gingerbread house decorating.  I love being around that much candy!!  :)

I did the frosting glue for Nick and only 2 others so it was easy and fun.  He didn't want me to take his picture but I did.


xoxoxo

3 comments:

  1. Aw, sweetie pie! Happy birthday James!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! 12!!!!! happens so quickly, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't these kids know they are killing us with this growing up thing? LOL HaPpY BiRtHdAy James!

    DO NOT GET RID OF THE LEGOS! Ever! My oldest son, who is now a freshman in college, still drags them out when he has friends over. They also pull out all of our old board games. These are boys who spend their free time at college playing online shooting games, etc(they also probably are doing other things I don't want to know about).

    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...