Friday, December 23, 2016

can I do this one thing?

Good morning, dear ones.

How are you?  I'm good.  I got up super early and am already looking forward to a nap in a few hours.  :)

Today is the first day of break for the kids!  We stayed up late (later than a school night) watching a Home Alone movie we had never seen (the one set in Maine...not bad...) and at one point Nick came over to lay by me on the couch and said, "Now THIS is a special night."  :)  He had pajama day at school yesterday so he had his PJs on all night and looked so darn cute.  (this kid normally wears his clothes to bed.)

I am feeling more like myself.  Thank you for your kind words about Janelle.  I still can't believe she's gone but I feel like I am pushing it away a bit, you know, with Christmas and all.  I know it's just real life but all of it feels so strange.

Thinking about Janelle being gone and her kids going on without her made me think about my recording so much of our life together here.  I've said before how much they all love to read this blog and I really don't want to stop.  (I mean, I feel bad I did pretty much stop. :)  )  I'm not making any promises to myself but I'd really like to take even 10 minutes a few times a week and post some things.  (we all know how this is going to end.  ha!)

We had James' band concert last week and it was a lot of fun.  I mean, watching James' band and then the jazz band was a lot of fun.  The next band was really good as well but by that time Nick was getting restless and I was trying to keep him in line gently while I really just wanted to pinch him really hard.  Have you been there?  Anyways, here is James just to the right of his band director.  He plays the flute and really liked the black dress pants I got him for the performance.  #random


One day this week, it must have been Wednesday, I took a day off.  I watched TONS of Bravo (delightful) and even the Mariah Carey show on E!.  Too fun.  While I was vegging I made some leather keychains.  I have wanted a leather tassel keychain for a long time but am far too cheap to buy one.  I found a pair of perfect leather pants at the dig, a tutorial online, and whipped up a bunch of them.  I love them!!!


What a fun day!

Oh, back to the concert night.  While we were waiting to go, my mom and I were trying to talk in the living room.  Nick was super wound up and wanting all of our attention.  He was standing between us (we were on separate couches) and as we spoke he was throwing his body back and forth like he was being shot, over and over.  I was like WTH are you doing??  and he said that our words were hitting him like bullets.  hahaha!  It is hard to describe but it was hilarious.  I thought it was a perfect way to describe that feeling you get as a kid when your mom won't shut up.  Every word is painful!!

A quick Ruby update.  She wants to video chat with a male friend in her class and Patrick is saying a definitive NO.  I told Ruby we might have a long road ahead of us.  :)

One last thing.  I found this down Outdoor Research hat the other day and was so excited!  I imagined myself wearing it all winter, feeling all toasty, looking all outdoorsy.  And then I got home and tried it on.

AWFUL.  I looked like a Conehead!  A warm Conehead, but still.  A total fail.  I hope someone else has better luck with it...I've got it listed on eBay, of course.

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Can you please post a pic of you in that hat?!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...